Regular Cab Short Bed Update

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Cornell, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I get mine from and Ebay store LEDStore9@gmail.com Great prices, quick shipping and good customer service.

I know most people won't care and think we're just "pimping out machines" but I paid less for 3 30" bars 2 20" bars and 4 cubes than it would have cost to outfit the DX235 with 4 halogen lights above the cab and 2 halogen to the rear from Doosan. Out of curiosity I asked our salesman what the lighting option cost and it was $1400 his cost and about 1800 installed. I paid 1090 for all the lights to outfit each excavator and one for my pickup as well, I still have a spare 20" I might put on the Bobcat but the light I need the most is on the excavators, so I may just sell it to a friend. The tint also makes sitting in the machines 8-13 hours a day way more enjoyable.

Those 30" bars put out 14400 lumens... an average halogen headlight on a vehicle is around 1300-1700. So there is 2.5-3x the light with these LED bars and they last 50,000+ hours and handle vibrations better. Perfect for construction equipment.

Once I figured out the machines are already prewired for the lighting option I can install a bar in about a half hour and it runs off the factory switch. The bars don't draw anymore amps than the halogen pieces do.

Yeah they don't stay nice forever, esp where I end up taking them and boulders go where they want. It will be nice to look back at pictures before they get scratched up. Can't say I didn't try.

I'm hoping the wax will help to keep the machines cleaner between washes and also help clean the grease off.

2. AfterhoursVT

AfterhoursVT LawnSite Member

If you think about it one night could you snap a picture from the cab with the lights on? I'd be interested to see what the tint looks like at night. The site I do snow removal at is a college campus, its well lite but some times we have to work during the day. A tinted cab would be slick.

What kind of blade are you using? 8'? Are those snow tracks on the bobcat? Looks super sharp!

3. Cornell

from MN

Just the standard tracks that come with the Bobcats.

That blade is a Virnig 120, 10'

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I can't get anything to come up for that on Ebay? Have found some Cree lightbars, spot and flood combos? I can fit a 36" bar, is that too much?

5. Cornell

from MN

The 30" bar is slightly wider than 30" so I would just go with that.

Sorry their eBay store is http://www.ebay.com/usr/ledstores?_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2754

Just use that email from my previous post and tell them you'd like a 30" DC Series Totron light bar. Paid 250 with shipping per 30" bar. Maybe pick up a few of their 42w flood lights. I paid 40 shipped per light, then got a couple female 2 pin deutsch plug since my machines are all male plugs on the machine side. crimp/solder and away you go.

6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

How would a Towtem work doing land clearing work on say a 70ish size machine? Could it do some stumping work instead of a bucket/thumb setup?

7. Cornell

from MN

I know a local tree trimming and clearing company has a 70 sized Kobelco machine and they bought our old Rotobec when we put a new unit on our CX75.

I've yanked down many trees and houses with the smaller machine. It isn't exactly ideal for digging out stumps on trees that are 12"+ diameter but I've still done it with pines and other softer woods.

As long as the trees aren't gigantic I would do it. Usually when we remove a tree when leave 5 feet or so for leverage if we are using the smaller ex to pull out the rootball.

I guess I could update this thread too. I bought another Duramax, 2006 CC Chevy Graystone metallic. It has a Mike L trans in it billet input/output shafts and planetary. Stage V trans... 1058 Triple Disk TC.

Going to swap the trans into the regular cab. Also bought a 71.5mm Fleece Performance Cheetah.

Stock vs. 71.5MM

[​IMG]

RC and CC

[​IMG]

RCSB is going to haul butt :)

Spent 7 hours correcting the paint, it was pretty hammered

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone want a nice truck with service records let me know. It's got 107k on it now. No seam swell in the doors and the rockers are good. Minor rock chips. Truck is in really good shape. I tuned it for the guy at 44k miles but he mostly had it in a tow tune. He had big plans for it but never ended up doing it and sold it to another friend of mine and I bought it from him when he bought his new 2014 Ram 2 weeks ago. He also used mostly the tow tune because he said the race tune used too much fuel. Truck on the race tune was 420-430rwhp.

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

How much do you want for the truck?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be interested to know as well. I miss my lbz and should never of sold it
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. jonny01blaze

jonny01blaze LawnSite Member

Looking good and that little RC is going to haul! You should keep it on work duty and drive the CC for personal use. The truck cleaned up real well! You have a great attention with all your equipment and vehicles, I can appreciate that.