Regular Cab Short Bed Update

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Cornell, Jun 25, 2013.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

looks cool. So is that a 2500? Is it a diesel? Did it need some counterweight?

2. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Good to hear! I've got quite a few pictures but I've been forgetting with all the shuffling around that's been going on trying to work through the rain. One of the job sites I'm trying to finish up on has had 15.75" of rain since May so it has not been fun at all.

Yeah 2500HD regular cab long bed shortened. Frame and it's a 2007 classic LBZ Duramax. The frame looks factory and I gusseted the frame where it was shortened. From what I've heard the factory welds aren't all that great anyways so I'm willing to bet it's stronger.

As for counterweight it might need some in the winter. It likes to light up the tires under 30mph even with 420-430rwhp right now.

Just a blast to drive, I don't drive the crew all that much anymore.

I average 19.5 combined but haven't had any longer trips to test highway MPG. Heading to the parents cabin so I may do some testing on the way up and back. It's around 160 miles.

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

That thing is sick!!!!! So jealous, enjoy it

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Truck looks awesome! Glad to see you're still around.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Cornell

from MN

Thank you! I love driving the thing. It will be better once the SLT interior is in it and I have a radio again. :laugh: The W/T seats with no arm rest are awful.

Yep I'm still around. Actually finally finished a 900' long wall I've been struggling with for the past month and a half jumping back to and out of again because of the rain. Today was a good day, and it's my Birthday tomorrow so I and going to a truck show and maybe take the girlie out to dinner.

6. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Happy birthday!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

X2
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Reg cab short beds are the ultimate plowing machines.

9. Cornell

from MN

Thanks guys! It was a good Birthday, got to wash my trucks up and relax afterwards.

10. toomuchtime

toomuchtime LawnSite Senior Member

cool truck!