1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Regular Cab Short Bed Update

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Cornell, Jun 25, 2013.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

That thing is sooo sweet. Gimme gimme

2. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Yeah I just keep my grease and grease gun in the little tool box and some hammers, zip ties and other random things.. I've got a Weatherguard low pro box I may mount sideways in the box as well if it will fit to lock up my Grading laser and other valuable things since it's much deeper.

You should build one! I love driving it.

3. Cornell

from MN

Put the center console in the RC today as well as the lower dash pieces, door cards and a-pillars to match. Much better.

I need to order carpet and the dash swap will probably have to happen this winter when I have down time. Ben (duratothemax) is making me a tapshifter harness and a glow plug harness to make the 03 Suburban interior a pretty much plug and play deal. I talked to him for a good part of a half hour on Friday during lunch, awesome guy to talk to :D The leather seats I got have side impact airbags and I'm hoping to use them for a little added safety in cash of a crash in this little truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wish I could have put the seats in and wired a relay in but it's not that easy with the 03+ trucks and the BCM

For the floor shift 4wd I just gutted the console, in the event I need 4wd I just have to pull the cup holder out and the shifter is right there.

4. Hoosier1979

Hoosier1979 LawnSite Member

Truck looks nice!!!! Sucks your thread was deleted. I really enjoyed your post and pics. Took me a minute to find this one.

5. Cornell

from MN

Picked these up last night pretty cheap. Ordered 8x6.5 to 8x180 adapters so I can run these for winter wheels. Easy to clean and way better looking than stock 16's IMO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also been working up on the Bluffs along the MN River. Built a few walls around Indian burial grounds to help preserve them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

The lug pattern isn't the same on those rims?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Cornell

from MN

No GM switched to 8x180 in 2011 when they overhauled the frame on the HD trucks. They have a wider track width so with spacers they sit perfect in the wheel wells
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Just saying , in that picture with the tire tires side by side, That truck would make a sick dually !

9. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I love that truck so much. Keep on posting them pictures!

10. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

That wall and the truck look cool. I have a couple of two kids and two grandkids so I need a crew cab but I really miss hauling in my regular cab. I could park just about anywhere and like you said, I didn't collect too much junk.