Regular Cab Short Bed Update

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Cornell, Jun 25, 2013.

1. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

The truck looks awesome, I bet it will make a sweet plow truck. Is the 235 going to have a totem? Looks awesome, can't wait till you can start putting pics up again!!

Do you have a crew of guys working, or is it just you and your dad?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Yep it's getting an 86" ASG072 Towtem.

It's my Dad, myself and 2 other people full time.

3. nedly05

What do you keep busy at this time of year? Will you buy a 30 ton tag, or look into a lowboy to move the 235? You will be able to move some big ass rocks with that hoe!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I've never seen an excavator so clean! How long did it take to do the whole machine? That window tint is so dark, I love the way it looks on it. I bet its like sitting in the dark in broad daylight.

5. Cornell

from MN

Right now our boulder supplier has a nice lowboy that he never uses besides to shuffle his loaders around between the cities and up north.. He is going to move it for us this year. We will see what the future brings though. Have our eyes on a few trucks and trailers. However the 235 will be brought up to Plymouth as soon as it gets plummed and the grapple put on. We have a few sites if not 2 miles apart and it will be in the same area most next year so it may be moved 3 times the whole year?

This time of the year we usually plow a little snow... but I dink around with my own projects and clean equipment up... bidding, collect some money owed, etc. It's time to relax a little.

I washed it, sealed it and waxed it the other day. Took about 6 hours, then I pulled it back in to install the lights and gave it another wax with a Carnuba that will last and protect it really well, waxing it takes about an hour and a half.

As for the tint, it's dark but I have no trouble seeing. It's makes it nice at dawn/dusk when the sun is low. I don't squint all day either. People don't try to approach me since they can't see me either. They stay far away.

6. nedly05

I guess I need to get some tint done LOL!!

7. SP Landscaping

SP Landscaping LawnSite Member

How tall is your garage door if you can fit that Beast indoors?

8. Cornell

from MN

Ceilings are 14' and the door is 12' tall and 11.5' wide

9. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I have to remember that for when I build

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

How much bigger of a machine can you fit on there?
    Posted via Mobile Device