Regular Cab vs. Extended/Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 93Chevy, Jan 5, 2011.

?

Truck Cab Preference

1. Regular Cab

34.8%
  2. Extended Cab

43.5%
  3. Crew Cab

21.7%
  1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Just wanted to see everybody's opinion on what type of cab they prefer. Right now my personal/work truck is an extended cab. I had a couple regular cab trucks before and I don't think I could ever get another. I love having the room in the back seat for tools, extra clothes, or a dry area for luggage.

I'm not looking to get another truck, but I just wanted to see what everybody else liked.

2. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

reg cab its getting harder and harder to find a 8 ft bed in anything but a regular cab and to me a 8 ft bed is a must!! not to mention in my opinion i think regular cabs look awsome..

3. Forever Green Landscaping

Forever Green Landscaping LawnSite Member

I agree that an 8' bed is essential. The only problem is once you get into a crew cab the truck just keeps getting longer and can be harder to find a place to park. I agree that it is nice to have that extra room for those items you don't want to put in the bed. For the most part I would rather have that extra 2'-3' from a cab and add it to my trailer and fit in a similar spot.

4. Forever Green Landscaping

Forever Green Landscaping LawnSite Member

As a personal vehicle I have a crew cab with a short bed to be able to go out with friends and family to have more room. For a lawn truck I would have a regular cab with a long bed because I won't send out more then 3 man crew to mow.

5. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't plan on hauling "friends" around in my truck I have a regular cab with a 8ft bed and wouldn't have anything else. If you need a 4 door truck to carry your family you don't need a truck you need a SUV.
    They do make a 4 door with a 8ft bed but you couldn't pull a trailer and turn it around in a 5 acre field.

6. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 LawnSite Member

For work nothing better then an ol' fashion farm truck reg cab/long bed, enough room inside and enough bed space for everything. IMO

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i just got a reg cab last spring. i love it and woudnt have anything else

8. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

For work, I prefer regular cab. My 2004 f250 with 2 bucket seats and no center console is actually very roomy. There is plenty of space between and behind the seats for storage.

9. Dodge2

Dodge2 LawnSite Member
    from ottawa

I like extended cabs with an 8 foot box, because an 6 foot box is always a bit too small when hauling anything, and then you can always squeeze a couple of people in the back of it when you need to( they don't pay for the truck anyways). But there are very hard to find now where I am, and there is a huge price difference, so I will be buying a reg cab WT model.

10. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

If you ever have passengers, crew cab is the only way to go! Extended cabs are miserable for passengers.