1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

regular verse mulching blades.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jessejamesmck, Jul 13, 2004.

1. jessejamesmck

jessejamesmck LawnSite Member

I have a toro proline 44". I am just starting out this year. If you have a majority of customers who have there lawns mowed every other week, which blades are better to run? Mulching or regular? I do have a bagger, but it seams like a pain to be dumping mulch and making sure you pick up all of it. I want my lawns to look proper.
  2. TEG

TEG LawnSite Member

Well, dont take my word for it, but my understanding of the mulching blades is that it cuts the grass up even more. The smaller pieces of grass are then better for the lawn, and dont have to be picked up.
  3. Sneaky

Sneaky LawnSite Member

Using the mulching blades doing bi-weekly mowing u will have to mow a little slower but your time is made up in cleanup. Mulching blades leave no visible clippings and give the same cut.
  4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a mulching kit for my Exmark 36hp and it works great.
    The blades are a pain in the butt to sharpen but it was worth every bit of the $150.00 that it cost.
    It has saved me over 15 minutes at one property that wants it bagged. I did not tell the customer that I got the mulching kit installed, he still thinks that I bag it. He has not noticed the difference in the last 4 weeks.
  5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Whenever and where ever you can mulch, mulch. It's better for the grass and easier on you as far as the clean-up goes and you save money on dumping.