Rejuve entire lawn - how to find firm?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by BobM_CT, Mar 21, 2004.

1. BobM_CT

BobM_CT LawnSite Member

My question is not a DIY but rather a who to find one. I live in a rural area of central CT. About 10-15 Yrs ago I had my lawn sodded. Weekly cutting is done by a local firm. The yard has numerous mature growth trees so a fair amount of shade. However, the biggest problem is that the lawn has thinned quite badly and there is lots of moss in places. Over the years I've tried the Chemlawn route and had the maintenace firm use addatives but its just become worse and worse.

SO - this year, short of resodding, I would like to do something to bring this lawn into better shape. The question is: I don't know how to proceed. Is there a franchise type of firm that can analyze and recommend what is needed? Should a local maintenance firm be able to handle this task? If I require soil analysis how do I go about it? And remember, I have NO skills in yardwork other than complaining about it. Any recommendations on how to proceed and/or where/who to turn will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Josey Wales

Josey Wales LawnSite Member

3. BobM_CT

BobM_CT LawnSite Member

:D Thanks Josey; I didn't even know that my tax dollars supporting our school offered such services. Bob