relearning how to cut grass

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bohiaa, Jul 9, 2007.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I got this Quick 36 and I'm having to learn how to cut grass again.

2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol i bought a 21 inch snapper wb, and got to cutting with it and bounced it off of everything in the cemetary. I wold let go of the handle that kills it instead of the drive handle to make it stop and it would shut off. Took me longer to do between the headstones than if i did it with a trimmer. Thats when It hit me that I have never mowed with any kind of walk behind mower. Ever. How sad is that?

3. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

KTO,

You're better off than me spearing a fire hydrant with my new (old) Toro 37" WB. I'll eventually get better I guess but in the meantime I'm edging way out away from AC units and lawn pumps. I also haven't figured out how to drive with both hands and still defend myself from yellow flies...

4. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

You should have watched me use the bunton 48 when i first got it. I was all over the place! Hit the curb a couple times.

5. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

My first time on a WB, I was concentrating so hard on staying smooth on the controls I hit a clothesline and found out where the verb "clothesline" comes from. Put me right on my butt, and worse a customer was outside in the yard and saw my stupidity in technicolor. :hammerhead:

6. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

When I fist got my Toro 36 inch T bar I was backing it up, I was close to a fence in my yard. So I tried to push the Toro away from me but it pushed back.. almost frigin backed over me till I let the t bar go :(

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yea this thing is controlling me,

I look like some fool trying to hang on, with it yanking me this way and that.

I have only used it 2 times, but the 2nd I think I'm getting better...

8. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

When all I had was 21"s I had nice lines, but you should see my designs now.. they look like spiral graph half the time:( unless the yard is very big.