Release clauses in residential annual contracts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rob7233, Sep 3, 2006.

1. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

For those who are using annual contracts on residential accounts..... I could really use some feedback on under what circumstances will you release customers from their obligation? What would be some of the clauses or conditions to do such as stated in your contract??

I know a lot of you said you have 30 day notification requirements BUT what's some examples of acceptable reasons or procedures outlined that you'll allow it without penalty? I was thinking about coming up with something that would address fixing correctable causes . What would be some examples were you wouldn't ?? What kind of things have your customers already tried? Seems some people will get real creative especially when somebody lowballs them or winter arrives and the grass isn't growing as fast. Or better yet, they stop seeing you every week and the Christmas credit card bills are coming in. They start thinking that they don't need keep paying the lawn guy his regular monthly rate they agreed to.

Just don't want to have to reinvest more time into something that I thought was pretty much settled and explained already. Please let me know what works well OR doesn't for you. If anyone would like to reply but doesn't feel comfortable sharing with the crowd then please PM me. Actual examples of the wording that you use, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.