1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luv of green, Nov 11, 2001.

1. luv of green

luv of green LawnSite Member

this is my first year as owner of signature lawn care, i placed a couple of ads got customers, but it was easy to see that i picked most of my biz by others not living up to their word. I am having trouble understanding why ,to me every customer is my most important,which brings up another question in the spring when we all battle rain and schedules should there be favortisim if so what do you go by?
  2. Well ya start cutting the ones who aren't a pain then work from there.

No realy. We start at the top of the list and work to the end. If the customer doen't understand weather, then oh well.

BTW my contract can not be termanted, and it states inciment weather. So more like OH WELL we will get there when we can.

Welcome to Lawn Site. Try looking in the Business forum too.
  3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Your contract cannot be terminated?!!!! is this the tony soprano of lawn care??!!!!!
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Here are some threads pertaining to favorite clients, inclement weather and charging extra for wet grass:
    Happy reading. ;)

BTW Mike how is it that you think your clients are not able to cancel your services??? If they dont like what you've done or dont like what your not doing ,,, then its
    "To The Curb and Beyond". [​IMG]

If they have prepaid for the season you will still have to reimburse them for what portions of your contract havent been completed. So Im confused how it is that you are able to get paid w/o having to complete the season???

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ya, enquiring minds wanna know.

One thing about contracts, they were meant to be broken. I had one of my customers cancel the other day and it was one that actually signed an agreement. I let him out without so much as a word, he was younger than my other customers and I figured he would be one to bail when the cooler months set in. I made sure to get the word out though to some of the other cutters. Fortunately we were even on the money so I didn't owe him anything and he didn't owe me.

I wouldn't want to force myself on a customer who doesn't want me there anyway...............too much drama!
  6. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Scene from LGF - the movie:

What do mean you want to cancel?
    Are you looking at me?
    Do you think I'm a clown? Do I make you laugh?

Now the question you have to ask yourself is, was that 5 cuts...or was that 6...

Do you fell lucky, punk?

MAKE MY DAY!!!!

Ignorance IS bliss!
  7. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I think LGF only means that there is language in his contracts that they cannot be cancelled due to inclement weather. ;)

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

thats what i got out of it too.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

For me, reliability has been the main ingredient for my business. My customers will recommend me due to reliability. I've heard many times about how the "last guy never would return my calls" or "he just quit once it got hot". I like getting the customers after they have had a looser like that. Real real easy to make them happy.
  10. Let me rephrase that. Customer can not cancle services due toncliement weather or anthing of that nature. Only way is lack of perfomance. But next season there will be no way to cancle since it will be on a avrage monthly contract spread accross the entire mowing season. No possiable way with out my aproval first