Reliable 'hose end' injector?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 3horn, Jul 23, 2001.

1. 3horn

3horn LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if there is a reliable device to attach to a spray gun (i.e. a LESCO green gun) that would 'inject' (venturi style - like the hose end sprayers for home use) chemicals into the spray. Useful for spot spraying an insecticide, fungicide etc.

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

3horn good post, i was just thinking about one today. i was spraying an fungicide and needed to spray an insecticide but had to wait to empty.
    ant

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Lesco makes a hose end unit. I remember seeing one in the past. ED

4. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

A company called Hozon makes a injector that mixes at 16 to 1. It is made of brass and works well but it will not work if there is back pressure from the gun. There must be a free flow. The greenhouse industry also make injectors that would work but they are expensive. You might want to check out www.rittenhouse.com They sell injection systems for spraying different chemicals from the same gun

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

rittehouse.com is a book seller. I think you have the wrong site dan deutekom you need to check it out :confused: ED

6. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

Lesco has their Acru-rate gun but that is for a 3/4 inch hose. They have dicontinued it, so just offer them thirty bucks for it. Excellant for applying wetting agents and spot treatments on small turf areas

7. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

8. gregson clark

ECO 500

it's not cheap but is more acurate

I use it

LGF:blob1: