1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Reliablity of the Everrides?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lzrj, Aug 12, 2006.

1. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

For those who have an Everride, would you you buy it again. I can get a new warrior 25hp 54" for $6700 from a dealer trying to close out some 05s. It may be overkill for what I will use it for (3.5 acres) but I like the full size riders over the smaller ones and its only a few hundred more than a smaller unit. Most seem to say they are well built machines but I know some have had problems with them (no different than any other brand) and other say they wont buy b/c they are too new and lack being an established company. Owners of Everride, let me know if this mower will last me for twenty year and if you think the company will make it in the long run.
  2. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

some body has to own an everride!

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Since you are in Springfield stop one of the mowing crews running them and ask them. I know of at least four guys running them three of those guys love them the one guy bought his out of state and has had trouble but it probably was not preped right. Just an opinion.
  4. WGASA

WGASA LawnSite Member
    from NM

How long has Everride been in business? Their site has a strange Dealer Locator. Most list Dealers from the closest to the furthest from your location and give the miles. Everride just lists the Cities within a State. Are these bonefide commercial units?

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the parent company ACI Industries has been around since the 40's or 50's.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

EverRide has a few dealers around me. I have seen the mowers and looked them over asnd they look up to snuff. I have test driven one and they have a pretty smooth ride. I have no had the chance to cut with one of theese mowers yet. They have all the major componets that Bobcat, Exmark, Scag incorporate as far as hydros and engines and such.
  7. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer sells them along with Hustler. They are priced about the same as the Hustlers. The 60" he has sitting in the showroom looks like a beast. It sits very HIGH, has huge tires, and the deck is massive. the discharge chute is very wide and it looks like the deck could be raised pretty high. The space between the front of the deck and edge of blades is quite a bit. I'm pretty sure you can't mulch with them. My dealer has only sold them to residentials with large acreage. I hope this helps.
  8. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer also says it cuts the wet stuff better than the Hustler, 04' deck style I assume.
  9. edgarpoe

edgarpoe LawnSite Member

I purchased a Everride Warrior 60in with the 27hp Kohler on June 7th. It was a generation 1 demo model (paid $7000). I did get the warranty the brand new models get (My dealer backed it up with 2 year parts and 2 years labor). It worked great for a week, and then my hydraulics got very weak (it would barely go in reverse). I also found a bad oil leak on the back bottom of the engine. I took it back to the dealer, who then called his distributor. They looked at, replaced the gasket on the engine, and bled the air from the hydraulic lines. That took them a week, meanwhile, when I asked for a loaner, they (Dealer and Dist) said they would have it fixed quickly. Later, I found out there was no loaner to be had. I didn't like this, as my dealer assured me a loaner would be available whenever I had problems, even if it was just for a day.

Well, I got it back, used it for 6 weeks. The oil leak came back, and my hydraulics are still bad. It's at the dealer now, awaiting a complete hydraulic replacement (motors and pumps) and a new gasket. I am frustrated, as my mower has been in the shop nearly a week, and there is a new excuse for not having a loaner. I am not sure if it is the distributor's job or the dealer's job to provide the loaner, but it was the dealer's assurance that I would have one.

And to top it all off, my dealer sold me the mower, with 73 hours on it, with dull blades that were splitting. I was furious, and asked for new blades. He said he would give me a "deal". All he did was give them to me for his 'cost'.

If I had to do this again, I would have got the Hustler. From reading the posts here, they have the customer service angle handled better than Everride (Auburn Consolidated Industries). If it goes back to the shop anymore, I am going to start asking for a brand new mower, or my money back.

I am continuing to stay on top of my dealer to make this right, and I have offered several times to talk to the distributor myself, just to give him a piece of my mind. So far, I have yet to get a chance to vent to the distributor.
  10. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

What's a generation one demo model? Was their first model year 2005 or did they come out with 04 models. WREBELMACHINE, its funny you posted that bc I actually saw a LCO using one for the first time today and stopped and talked to him. He just bought his in May of this year and has put 130 hours trouble free hours on it. He seemed to like it and the local dealer. Question. Would there be anything to be worried about on any 05 model that had been sitting around for a year not being used. Can fluids or something else on a machine go bad thats been sitting so long? Also, what is done to "prep" a machine properly before putting it in service?