Relocating business from Charlotte, NC to Oak Island, NC.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by smallstripesnc, Sep 5, 2012.

1. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Funny that you mention power washing because it seems a lot of guys down there offer tons of different services like power washing, gutter cleaning, tree trimming, etc...I called a friend down there and tried to get the local scoop about why they offer so many services and he said because they have enough business cutting lawns but want to make more.

I also had my wife ask on a forum down there about how often the cut their grass and most people said once a week and a few said every two weeks so I may have more weekly clients than I thought which would be nice!

Thanks for the advice!

2. Clonts Landscaping

Clonts Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know if you are interested in selling your accounts.

3. acculawnsystems

acculawnsystems LawnSite Member

I think that if you would like to build your business quickly and have the same problem of having too many customers in a short period of time you should target the areas of your new territory. You can do this by passing out flyers to in just the areas that you desire and by promoting your website on those flyers. Also, you should take a look at acculawnsystems.com so that you can give instant online quotes right on your site. There is no obligation and you can quote at anytime if you feel that you have too many lawns again. Also, see what the Custer will see when receiving an instant quote at Acculawncare.com. You can even set it up to email bids.

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

You may study up on st Augustine and centipede grass. Not gonna see any fescue like you do in Charlotte.

You may also consider something to target vacation home owners such as full service programs. Might also call the rental companies and try to become a sub for them.

It's gonna be seasonal work as most lawns will go semi dormant in the winter. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Bowhog1

Bowhog1 LawnSite Member

Most of your clients will have sprinkler systems..and there lawns are groomed very tight so read up on head replacement/repair.Be prepaired for increased maintenance cost due to sand/salt effect on equip.Shorten your hrs between 12-3 (July/Aug) or add A/C to your mowers.

6. acculawnsystems

acculawnsystems LawnSite Member

Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one lawn care company per area. So once an LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. Check out to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com.