Remember seeing someones pricing table.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by adaptivehomeservices, Nov 9, 2006.

1. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I remember seeing a pricing table from one of the members that showed their mowing prices per lawn size in a nice table format. I have searched to no end and cannot locate it. I just wanted to use it as a pricing/timing reference.

Anyone have anything that breaks down their pricing per acre? 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, etc.? I am developing a pricing table to keep as a reference for me while bidding and to give substance for my clients when presenting my bid.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I could have swore I replied to this thread earlier. Anyway, their table would very highly unlikely pertain to you. As a matter of fact, their table would not even pertain to them! lol There are no magic numbers, and there are no magic formulas...regardless of what many will try to tell you, and many will try to sell you (there are actually "books" and such that say they have the "secrets to success", but there is no such thing.First of all, how can you put a price on a half acre yard that has 3 trees? 12 trees? 21 trees? What about a 1/2 acre lot that has has 400 linear ft. of fencing around the back yard?

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly. Square footage is only a small part of the formula.

Not to mention that every LCO is going to have different costs, which affect what you will charge for each job.

Trial and error(and trust me, I've made plenty of errors) will enable you to estimate fairly accurately how long it will take you to do a given job. Then you go from there with your hourly rate.

4. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

I would also think prices would be differnt based on region.

5. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

6. adaptivehomeservices

from Midwest

Why ask questions on here when everyone can always come up with variables and tell you how it does not pertain to what you are asking. I am new to this and am looking for references, not definite pricing for my area. The more I research, the better understanding I can develop and then obviously try my best to apply it to my area.

Thank you stony point for actually helping answer my question.

7. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

I am not stonypoint

topsites is stonypoint....I had seen it looking at his site :)

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

See, in our case, as I say, these would not have much use. I can see having the "minimums" on there as a selling tactic....For instance, like saying "as low as" or "starting at". this is an old marketing tactic that is used in many different type of sales.
    However, I'm going to look at the property. Along with the above cost factors that are considered, I will also factor things like hiils, smooth/rough terrain, driving time, what kind of car they drive, etc..

9. adaptivehomeservices

from Midwest

Agreed. I want something to keep with me as a guide to help me be consistent. I am hoping this will also help me when I estimate a job in front of a client. I will "pad" my pricing some on my price sheet giving me a little wiggle room with a client. I think this method may justify my estimate more than looking up in the air and saying....well, I'll do it for 50 bucks. When I step off the property somewhat with the client and then reference that with my price sheet, I am hoping to stump their need to ask for a discount. Afterall, I didn't just pull my price out of the air. Will not work all of the time but am hoping it will ad legitimacy to my pricing.

It should also help me stay consistent. I don't have years of experience knowing how long different sized properties will take me...heck, I don't even know for sure what mower I am buying! That might make a difference! LOL

10. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

this always helps to determine how long it will take to mow a lawn:laugh: :laugh: