remote air filter

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Oct 7, 2003.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I see is the pricing post that all the mowers come with remote air filters. I bought my Hustler Z this year (last years model though) and it doesn't have the wing and remote air filter. Should it have?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If it was last years model, they did not come with the remote filter, thus the new model had a slightly larger price tag.
    You can however put it on your unit now, the kit is $150.00, plus installation, it will have all brackets and hardware you need.
    If you have a very early 23 hp kawasaki engine you may need a carburetor at a additional cost.

Hope this helps.
    Pj

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Also,
    The Hustler Z will have a mount bracket that looks like a "A" frame, the Super has the wing mount.
    The wing on the Super Z also houses the hydro cooler and fan assembly, that the Hustler Z does not have.

Later
    Pj

4. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Best thing we ever bought was the remote air filter, it saved us a lot of money replacing the original filters...

5. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I guess for $150 I'll keep what I've got. Thanks.

but that brings up one other question then. The trans cooler...where does it tie in? Is it just like a truck trans cooler. Could one be from an auto store be used?

Thanks for the help.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are ports on the hydraulic pumps where it ties in.
    I would not think a trans cooler from a auto parts store would work, although I have never tried it.

Later
    Pj