Remote Bookeeping; Marketing Help; Digital filing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kupham, Jul 1, 2007.

1. kupham

kupham LawnSite Member

Dear Readers-

I would like your feedback. I am in the planning stages of developing a business plan for a landscape business services company to assist landscapers with billing/bookeeping/AR/AP etc., marketing/collections/digital filing of documents & more. The basic business model centers around landscaping businesses who are between $500K and $1 million in sales, aren't ready to bite the bullet and pay a full time office manager or want the responsibility of managing an office person, or is happy with the size of their business and looking to free up time for sales, customer service etc.

Most landscapers are great craftsman/tradesman and run a great operation until it comes time to keep the books, understand p&l statements, balance sheets and the like, pay bills, enter vendor invoices, send invoices to customers etc.. Writing a marketing plan is easy but implementation takes time, effort and labor.

The feedback that I need is, considering that a full time office manager/bookkeeperer, will cost anywhere from 25k to 40k depending on the part of the country you live and your company size, what would be a reasonable amount that you would consider paying monthly to have a team of experienced bookeepers remotely manage your books/aid with marketing/filing documents etc.

About me: I have 20+ years in the green industry, and have operated my own successful operation for the last 18.5 years. We gross about $1.5 mil. annually in a mix of maintenance & design build work in a high end residential suburban area.

Thanks for your feedback.

2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Keith- let me know your phone number

Dave