Remote Control Lawn Mowers for Steep Hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnwright238, Apr 13, 2012.

1. johnwright238

johnwright238 LawnSite Member

:usflag:MADE IN THE USA
    We have all heard of someone flipping a riding mower on a steep hill. My name is John Wright, owner of Summit Lawn Mower Co introducing a new way to maintain the steep stuff with track driven remote control lawn mowers. While other manufacturers overseas are building hydros, Summit is currently the only U.S. based manufacturer of hydro-static powered units.

[​IMG]

The TRX-34 is a hydro-static powered machine with a low center of gravity driven by rubber tracks making it ideal for slopes too steep for riding lawn mowers. It is no longer necessary to use a bunch of men with weed eaters when one man can now take care of the slopes and the other guys can keep the wheels spinning on your fleet of zero-turn money makers. This increases overall productivity while keeping the guys safe at the same time.

Here is a video on YouTube of the TRX-34 on the side of the highway
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-XnEEht6U

Looking forward to your thoughts and questions,

John Wright
    Summit Lawn Mower Co.
    www.SummitMowers.com

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I wanna ride it though-half the fun of this job is being able to ride around and look cool

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

just keep the prices high so you robot guys don't put us all out of business. :laugh:

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Does it recharge the batteries on the down hill slopes. I saw a remote mower that did that a few years ago.

5. TX Easymoney

This is the GPS screen on a new john Deere Tractor I was driving last year at my uncle's farm...follows a grid...all I had to do is disengage the gps, pull the implement out of the ground and make the turn at the end of the row and then get into the approx. area of the next gridline and the gps would take over--perfectly straight

It was accurate down to about 2 feet is what they were saying...

Ought to have it more accurate in a few years so you can sit in the truck and watch it mow a yard-

2011 October HL 361.jpg

6. Duekster

from DFW, TX

My Migo was telling me that would be the case in a few years. We need something like that down to a 30" mower. However, the GPS is not going to be that accurate for a while.

I fear a fence tear down, a run out into the road into traffic. My GPS tells me to go right when I need a left on many residential roads and I can see this thing falling off a 20 foot retaining wall to it's death on some commercial accounts.

Now if we go and place some trackers in the ground it might work. Or if it has some on board telemetry like google is placing in it's driver less cars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car

7. TX Easymoney

[
    Now if we go and place some trackers in the ground it might work. Or if it has some on board telemetry like google is placing in it's driver less cars.

Good point-i was thinking the same thing---when I install drip in my yard, maybe i'll also run a wire in there with each line....following the wire would not have to be gps...

8. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Not sure of the spec's but gas is often in plastic pipes and they place tracers. Not sure how that would work with drip cause it is not a single line. Thinking on that one. They should be on a grid of some sort.:confused:

9. johnwright238

johnwright238 LawnSite Member

Price for the TRX-34 and one year labor for one man to operate it.
    Added revenue with increased productivity (Weed eater crew can now get back on the zero-turns)

VS

One year labor for a crew of men with weed eaters and account for lost productivity because they were out using weed eaters as lawn mowers. Zero-turn money makers are parked while weed eating slopes not making money

10. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Great one more service person out of a job. :dancing: