Remote Control Lawn Mowers for Steep Hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnwright238, Apr 13, 2012.

1. johnwright238

johnwright238 LawnSite Member

All of my mowers have an alternator to keep the battery topped off while in use. There is no lawn mower in existence that can generate its own electricity from going down hills.

2. johnwright238

One more service person to put back on the would be parked fleet of zero-turn money makers. When the zero-turns are rolling, money is being made. When you park your fleet of zero-turn money makers to put the whole crew on a slope with weed eaters (especially in mountain regions) you are loosing productivity and profits.

3. johnwright238

You will look cool....trust me

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Show me a hill that thing can mow that I can't do with my Deere and I'll be convinced :waving:

5. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Another piece of equipment that takes up space on the trailer--
    if usage is 10%-on each property...it might be a stretch to justify carrying it....no doubt it is a time saver......i'd just have to have lots of hills-

6. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Don't forget about the fact that people are required to build and maintain the mowers.....plus one to operate it.

7. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

That, I think, would be very easy to do.

8. johnwright238

See video on my original post. If you say you can now that hill with a zero turn, you are a super hero. A lot of companies are not allowed to.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. johnwright238

No building required
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I've mown a hill like that, every other week at a sewage treatment plant @ close to a 3:1 slope. Let me demo one at the facility. Oh, where do I collect my cape? :weightlifter: