Remote control spreader.

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by JD PLOWER, Nov 11, 2000.

1. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

A contractor friend of mine told me about a pickup spreader that was controlled by remote from inside the cab. Has anyone heard of this or does anyone own one? I guess this is a radio control unit (like rc planes or cars).

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's out there, SOMEONE from this forum will have heard of it..... some of these guys have heard of stuff that is really off the wall.

If there is such a thing, I'd like to know about it too.

3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Most likely he heard about a cab controlled spreader. In fact all spreaders are cab controlled in one form or another, either electric or hydo, but they are controlled from the cab. The only benifit from wireless controls would be the ability to switch trucks with out rewiring. We get around that by installing extra long cable leads, and running the box wither through the rear or passenger side window. that way any spreader can be mounted in any truck.
    Dino

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

Dino, the guy I was talking to has three sanders, so if he said it was remote controlled I think he mean't wireless. Your right about not wiring the sanders through the body, I do that also for the same reasons.