1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

remote controls

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mark B, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok let's get some ideas on what is your favorite remote that you own. I have a 12 zone remote controll technoliges. It is my best employ I paid $600.00 fer it last spring. I bet it has saved me miles and miles of walking back and forth to the controller or paying someone to stand there and turn the zones on. My remote will hook up to any controller. I think it makes you look a little more professional maybe.
    I have sold 2 hunter remotes to homeowners. I install the hunter pro-c every chance I get. I think I will buy hunter remote fer those controllers I have about 12 of em out in the field.
  2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

pro c is a great timer...pre wire the remote wires that come with it...this way you can hook up the sensor rapido and be on your way...good luck

3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

im bringing this thread back to life............

Does anyone push remote control as an option?

& also does rainbird still have a remote for their esp-lx controllers anymore,
    ive been told they have been discontinued
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I don't really push it as a system option, but feature it (the installed remote connector) as something that will save servicing time, and homeowner money. I think the Hunter remote is a useful option for an invalid homeowner who wants to manually operate the sprinklers.
  5. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

I don't push it as an option, as the homeowner really doesn't need it. I do install only Hunter Pro-Cs and pre-wire the remote, so when I will be doing my blowouts I just take my remote with me and plug it in. I only have the SRR remote, which was less than $100 but has all the range I need on residentials.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Remotes are only needed on installations that are larger than a few acres, in my opinion.
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Needed is one thing, and handy is another. Pushbutton momentary flushing of a pipe can save many minutes of digging and back-and-forth walks to a valve box. The installation of the remote connector that comes with a Hunter controller is simple and inexpensive, and can create significant customer good will. (and depending on how you mount it, it can have cosmetic purposes, too)
  8. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

We own 4 ICR remotes. When I used to service I always used it. My service techs never caught on that it saves time. It is priceless on Hunter systems during winterizations.