remote for start ups

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by garciajj612, May 11, 2014.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That's what you have young pups for! I know where the v.b. are and have had the grounds crew trim them since the system was built. The moles are our problem, filling up the pits, very seldom do they chew the wire, though a clean-out every season has always been specified in order to service the valves and check the color codes. In 90 zones, I've lost just one, and that was due to an incorrect as-built and lack of (my) supervision. :dizzy:

2. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

So no Weathermatic valves on this system? What are you using now?

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

4. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

That is too much to go through, can you summarize?

5. Mike Leary

Almost all of the original soleniods have been replaced and working fine. at last. I still like those valves, problems aside. :rolleyes:

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

So how'd it go?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mike Leary

It went well, he's been making himself more familiar with the clocks. We've got one of the on-demand pump electronics gone south and an a bad wire. The worst problem for me was re-programming a screwed-up program, that initially I thought was the "mother board", but I canceled the program, and, thanks to my copius notes, got it back on line. I'm not sure if the client screwed with it or the (since fired) plumbers fouled it up during winterize, that's where all the faults showed. So, I'll keep checking it, but I think the sweating is over. :)

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Mike what happened to the Franklin electric constant pressure switch?

9. Mike Leary

The Pentair board went south after 10 years of operation and was replaced. I got it running today: a problem with the pull-out on-off switch, but got it seated today. The other booster pump has a Mascontrol module for it's on-demand, and I think it's had it after 12 years, or else we've got a main-line leak, which I looked for. :dizzy:

10. richgauci

richgauci LawnSite Member

The less my body hurts at the end of the day the more I use remotes. Customer saves money, I save my back.