1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Remote HD air filter

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TiredOfWalking, Dec 29, 2004.

1. TiredOfWalking

TiredOfWalking LawnSite Member

I have a 2001 Super Z that does not have the remote HD air filter. I know PJ recommended I have it installed. I was wondering how important it is to have this installed.

Also, I bought my machine with less than 50 hours on it, and put on maybe another 5 hours. It was serviced in May 2004. I plan to change the engine oil, grease fittings, etc. Do I need to change the hydro oil or can I do this every other year or so?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The kit will greatly improve your filtration over the stock Kawasaki filters.
    The Kawasaki stock filters will plug with dust pretty quick in dry seasons or leaf season.
    I cant express enough how important it is to install the HD remote filter kit.
    As to the hydro oil, this is something you would change once a season (or every 500 hours) when using it commercially, so you are safe to change it at the end of next season.
    The one thing I would do though is change the hydro filter now, it is usually done @ the 50 hour period on initial break in, if you know it was changed then don't worry about it, it may have been done when it was serviced in May.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I also would like to add that we did not put the HD filters on the early Kawasaki powered units due to Kawasaki not approving them yet, as soon as they did we installed them on every model we made.
    We do not offer a single commercial use unit without the HD kit on it.