remote?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The Pro-C (and SRC and ICC) controllers are designed to have a remote socket wired to it. By necessity, the wire must be short, so the timers should be located on an exterior wall. The repairman carries a transmitter/receiver set, plugs the receiver in and operates the system. Then he disconnects the receiver and leaves.

Or he leaves and forgets the receiver, and has to drive back for it. :p

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

they are awesome... they are all we use.
    depending on the install, we usually sell the client the reciever, and mount it in thier house with the unit. I can drive up to the property from the street and use the remote to run through the system.

they also used to make a unit that can plug into the same port that you can download the controllers program, and modify it at your pc, then next visit, you can upload the new program to the controller.... works GGGRREEEAAATTTT for units in homes that you cannot get to.

4. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

That sounds like they quit making the programer. I never used one, but always wanted to know...........could the programer have a C program for 1 min/ station installed in it and upload only that program? or do you wipe the whole thing when you upload a program? I've had dreams of uploading a C test cycle and then running it with one push of the remote :)

5. Wet_Boots

The SRC controllers already had a 2-minute-per-zone C program by default. I forget what the last Pro-C that I installed had for program C.

6. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

We started using the Hunter remote this year. It has performed flawlessly for us and we recommend it for our customers as well as installers.

What a time and step saver. Once the SmartPort is installed it is a real gem.

John

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

you can do whatever you want to the program. You can leave whatever you want set like it was and add or change whatever else you wish...

i will program in a "test" program with no start time, then use the remote to activate it....

this is the main reason i started using hunter stuff about 10 years ago...
    never looked back since.

they by far have the coolest new "gadgets"

they also have a long range (2mile) remote for large complexes/golf courses/etc...

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How much is the reciever for a system?

9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

now what would you do if the lots are1/8 acre and right next to each other?

10. Wet_Boots

The transmitters and receivers have a selectable address code. By default, the address is zero, but if you sell the set to a customer, you would change the code number to match the house number.