Remotes 101

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, May 22, 2012.

1. It's not as time consuming as walking the property without a remote. One time investment and from then on you are benefiting from it. After a few installs you pick up some speed. I used a dewalt power screwdriver and set it at 7. Some controllers go really fast. Others are a total pia especially if they use speaker wire style connectors. RB ESPM is by far my favorite for pigtails. WM SL is my least favorite. Lawn genies are a piece of cake. As long as it has screw terminals. A few of the older toros that require an eyeglasses screwdriver are a pain. The original ESPs with the terminal going up and down in the back of the cabinet are a total pain. The RB mechanical RC is a pain especially if it has a master valve because of its design to allow it to be put in a series as slaves. Still it was worth the trouble on every one especially if I knew I was going to be back.

2. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Maybe I missed it but is there a link to the pigtails or is this some thing you make yourself? Thanks.

I've been talking with the RB rep and he says they are working on a phone app that will allow at least some functions to be controlled from the phone for start ups, repairs/testing and blow outs.

Even if we had on/off, forward/back on the stations and the ability to change the zone time that would be real nice.

3. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

www.remotepigtails.com

4. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Thank you for the quick response!

5. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

where the heck is FIMCO?

6. bcg

from Tx

remotepigtails@gmail.com, he doesn't associate with the riff raff here anymore. ;)

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Funny how the riffraff still sends people his way (read my post to Arturf)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. bcg

from Tx

Jim,

If you've talked to him since his departure, you know that there's more to it than that. He's really active on LinkedIn and always answers his phone and emails.