Remotes! Which one to use?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ULTRAPOS, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ULTRAPOS

ULTRAPOS LawnSite Member

What is the best all around universal remote to use on any system/controller. Does not matter if there is a pig tail to wire just looking for the best system to use for both residential and commercial

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Rain Master is my vote; it's fast, durable, for winterize you can program multi-zones.

3. DITTO I've tried both the sidekick and RM. RM UA is far superior especially for service.

4. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

So I assume that you have to hook up a pigtail to each separate controller.

We have been using the SRR Hunter remote and are well pleased with it. But then we install Hunter remotes with the port so it is pretty easy to plug in and go.

John

5. dwightschrute

dwightschrute LawnSite Member

i have always had great success with the Rainmaster

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, 'Course some of us have permanent
    receivers at the clocks....click # of site & cruise down the drive as the
    zones come on....billable time. :)

7. HokieAg07

HokieAg07 LawnSite Senior Member

Rain Master Pro UA is my choice

8. Maybe the most brilliant thing Hunter has come up with. Can't believe the rest of the manufacturers have been unable to come up with something similar. Unfortunately you are limited strictly to Hunters and you can't change every clock you come across.

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Shhhh.

Don't tell anyone...cuz it's a secret.... but Hunter remotes work with Irrigation Direct controllers...(you have to hook up a Smartport of course...)

10. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like it would be no different than us using a PRO-C with smartport and some pigtails.

Our service customers just leave the door open and we can access the poc and the controller.

90% of our winterizing is done from the outside after we coach the customers as to shutting off the system and opening the drains already in place.

Thanks,

John:rolleyes: