Removal Of Bushes.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by stuffdeer, Oct 2, 2006.

1. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello all, Here are some pictures.

Let me know how much you'd charge to remove these bushes, and do nohing afterwards.

Pic 1.

The middle rounded bush. There are 2 like this.

Pic 2.
    All these lilac bushes.

Pic 3.

There are 4 bushes here total, he wants 2 of them removed.
  2. covalawn

covalawn LawnSite Member

I would charge about $100-125. Hook them up with a chain to the truck yank em out.....and it costs me $15 to dump. Would probably take about an hour.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

A rough guess, 2 men 5 hrs total time inc. trip to dump. 5 yards to dump. Your S-10 will NEVER pull out those taxis stumps and you'll screw up the lawn and look like a fool tying a chain to a stump. An axe and a GOOD all steal spade and some elbow grease will do just nicely. Beware of this thread devolving into a "chains, no chains" argument.
  4. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have access to my Dad's 4x4 f-150.
  5. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

i hope you have insurance! when i first moved into my house we had some overgrown yews about that size and i pulled them out by truck which worked like a charm.....worked great at ripping out part of my basement too. well the roots had found their way into the foundation so i had pulled a few block away. no biggie for me but your customer wont like it much. :hammerhead:

do it by hand, it wont be easy but you can charge more for it. id make them sign a contract saying they will pay per hour and tell them a max time frame. charge them $45perhr get it done in a couple hours and get paid. in the end you will be happy you charged per hour insted of flat rate, it WILL be hard:weightlifter:
  6. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Are those lilacs intertwined in a chain link fence? If so, walk away from the job as fast as you can, or make sure that you are being WELL compensated for your time -- it will take a bunch. I would bid it at $65 - $75 per hour for hand work, or look at getting some equipment in there -- skid steer or better yet a small tractor with a backhoe and do it for 100 to 150 an hour. It will work out about the same price for the customer.