Remove BBC on Proline 21 ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tider6972, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

There was a mention in a thread about removing the BBC from a proline 21. Can you just remove the BBC , put the blade back on and go?

I like the idea of being able to leave a mower running while picking up a pine cone or stick, for example. But - I mulch only, and if the BBC interferes with good mulching, can I just take the BBC off???

Thanks,
    Stephen

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

BBC is for Girls...not Necessary...interferes w/mulching...Robs Power...Increases Repairs and Restricts the Use of Doubles.

Unfortunately once You Have it You are Stuck With it.

3. Tider6972

from Alabama

Well, dangit, I had to have a 2 cycle, finally found one and it was only available with BBC.

Fareway, do you only use the Kawasakis now, or do you use Hondas also? Which is better/more 'torquey' ? I don't really like the small tank on the Honda, and I'm afraid it may lack power.

4. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

5. Tider6972

from Alabama

Thanks, Tony.

Yes, that's the thread which mentioned removing the BBC, I just need to know how. I've got a dealer who's pretty knowledgeable and he says the crankshaft on the BBC models is shorter and if you remove the BBC you either can't mount the blade or it will be too high in the deck, he doesn't know a work-around.