1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Removing 100 1" stumps?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by godjwood, Jul 17, 2009.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

If you said your seeding why not bring loam in and cover the whole area after you cut them at ground level.

2. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done this with a standard circular saw carbide tipped blade- I attached it to my stihl string trimmer and it is effective. Get 2-3 guys busy and it will be done in a few hours.

3. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

I use a chainsaw -- fitted with an extra-short bar with its own chain, which will be garbage at the end of the day because it will snag more than wood. Still way cheaper than a grinder, faster than a puller.

4. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, someone started this thread back up.

5. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Dozer or skid ster w/ tracks
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Oops didn't see how old this is!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We bought our current home about ten years ago (2 acres). It had about 200 volunteer trees/shrubs growing throughout. Many dogwoods, volenteer maples, elms, boxelders, poison ivy, wild roses, etc. This property had been neglected for several years.

We ended hiring a stump removal guy. He spent two long days with his Vermeer portable stump grinder, and he got the job done to our satisfaction.

8. dslc

dslc LawnSite Member

Mini ex the smallest one they have will work. ps i just done this same job. ad in some dirt if needed then ad sod.