Removing black oil stains on white concrete

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Feb 14, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Any good suggestions? few days ago I screwed up and moved my dump truck over this new (1 year old) white concrete drive and it appearently left some nice black drops on it. now i have to figure out best way to remove the stains. any ideas?

2. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Use a hot presure washer. You have to use hot, cold will not work as well...If they are still there, then there is a product called Vanatrol, it is a muratic acid wash we use on cement after pouring, or on brick patios to clean after installations.

If you have to use it, read the directions and be careful. If the stains are still there, the sun will most likely bleach them out after time.

3. gr84

gr84 LawnSite Member

OR TRY A PRODUCT FROM STATE CHEMICAL CALLED SSD THAT WORKS (IN COMBO WITH HOT PRESSURE WASHER)FOR THAT AND OTHER THINGS AROUND THE SHOP

4. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

i have sprayed some Gunk Engine cleaner on my own drive when there was a spot. Let it soak for a bit then use a wire wheel on a cordless drill to scrub it. After that I washed it off with a garden hose. I have a pressure washer but found this to be a quick and easy way to do it.
    Mike

5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

To be honest with you, I spilled a bunch of oil once doing an oil change in my driveway. I just went out with a bottle of dish soap that cuts grease and a scrub brush. Then I ran a hose over it and it took care of the spill. See oil floats on water, but because its on cement the water cant get under it, it just repells the water, thats why you use the dish soap to lift it and wash it away. If you use a pressure washer, be careful, cause the pressure that is generated can chip the cement.