Removing Blades on Exmark

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by foxviewlanwns, Jun 11, 2008.

1. foxviewlanwns

foxviewlanwns LawnSite Member

I have a 60" lazer z ultra cut deck and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to remove and install the blades by myself. You have to lock the blades with a board and it's hard to do alone

Thanks

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

pull the plug wires put on an impact wrench and zip it off and zip it back on that simple.The threads are left handed i believe so you will loosen clockwise and tighten counter clockwise...correct me if im wrong on that someone!

3. foxviewlanwns

what are the plug wires?

4. bigw

the spark plug wires, just a safty precaution so it has no chance of starting it self.

5. foxviewlanwns

but arent the blades just free spinning? I have to jam a 2 x4 in there to stop the blades

6. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

You have to go with the two wrench method........ do a search on youtube and you will find a video of how to do it....

7. bigw

i dont know about the ultra deck i had the Triton deck when i had an exmark.

8. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

it doesnt matter what deck you have... to do this yourself it's really easy. take some big vice pliers and lock them whereever you can on the deck. when the blade hits the pliers it'll stop and you can apply pressure with a ratchet and socket on the blade bolt. just do this for every bolt. what i REALLY suggest is going on ebay and getting a cordless impact wrench. it'll pay for itself the first time you use it.... you dont need to back up the blade with anything.