Removing Blades on ZTR

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by True Harbor, Jun 30, 2006.

1. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

is there anyway to get under a ztr or do I pretty much need ot purchase a jungle jim jack or something similar. Whats your guys favorite and most safe to get under them I have the gravely 34z. thanks
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Im going to purchase a floor jack and a couple jack stands. Really I have a fear of anything falling on me so ill make good and sure its sturdy before I go under it lol.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Run the mower up on the ramp of your trailer.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

My Zs has the Z stand. If you have a toro get one, have to check fit for others.
    Do you have a rafter or other "STRONG" place to hook a come along to the roof of your garage . Do that and lift up the front.
  5. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i do the same!!! i often keep a sharp set of blade with me in the truck, so if i hit a rock half way through the day i can just change the blades really quick.. takes me 10 min to change blades on the trailer ramp...
  6. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

floor jack and stands.
    If I need to lift the machine real high, I have a engine hoist so I can stand the machine almost vertically for pressure washing underneath.
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I run the mower up on the ramps to change blades. Wish I had an engine hoist though, would make things so much easier. SWD how much did yours cost?
  8. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

this is kinda funny, cuz i was gonna post this same question yesterday lol...i figured that i could just run my z up on ramps:hammerhead: that didnt work out to say the least, so i used a floor jack and a jack stand, and had all three blades off, sharpend, and back on in about 15 mins.....its so easy to do now lol...good luck
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Curious why running one wheel up on the ramp and letting the other wheel hang off didn't work?
  10. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

not enough clearence for me...i tried that....i thought that would fix my prob too....but it didnt....took me an hour and my buddies help to get them friggin blades off....but now that i have done it really doesnt take much more than 15-20 mins.