removing bluegrass out of fescue

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by woodlawnservice, Sep 18, 2012.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I believe I didn't state it right..... I need a pre em where I can still oversees.with the fescue in fall.... that bring said I know timing is everything.... I need a pre that has the quickest reseeding where as my pendulum I.normally use says 8-12 weeks I believe.. I'd have to double check.label
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. maynardGkeynes

maynardGkeynes LawnSite Senior Member

Just to add/clarify (I think/hope) Axe's post, the pre-m will not harm mature fescue grass or the existing poa for that matter; I believe it would stop fescue seeds from germinating. But since you are seeding now, and using pre-m in the spring, you would be ok. You don't want to use the pre-m in a the Fall. It would not kill your existing poa anyway.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

You are in a different Zone than I so I need to ask:

Is your weed grass producing/germinating seeds now???

... it is important to know what you can and cannot do with regards to seeding your fescue... I always make growing grass job one, and secondarily take out the weeds...

So do you know what you want to do if indeed your weed grasses are propagating as we speak??? :)
  4. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like our best bet this fall is just using gly then reseeding... spring start the pre... then in fall time the pre and seeding just right. Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device