1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Removing Deck from ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tothmow, Dec 17, 2007.

1. tothmow

tothmow LawnSite Member

How difficult is it to remove the deck from a ZTR (I have a 2005 Exmark CT with 48" deck)? I found a great price on a snow blade attachment for this model but the deck needs to be removed to attach the snow blade...not sure if this is something I can handle myself or not.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
  2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

usually about 1/2 dozen nut/bolts need to be removed, but you'll also need to remove the belts.... the hardest part will be hooking the deck back up and getting it leveled...30 minutes to an hour...max
  3. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would do a search first and see how efficient those plows would be. I really can't see a z pushing snow.
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

a ZTR should push snow just fine... i think traction would become an issue before reliablility.

the exmark manual details how to level the deck, though i cant see why you would need to remove the deck.
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

the JRco plows attach back near the rear wheels for a good solid frame mount, and the support beams for the plow occupy the space were the deck is...