Removing fuel

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ron mexico75, Dec 8, 2011.

1. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

To ease anyones mind who may have tried to check on the Mighty Vac that I mentioned in a previous post, I finally found an email address for the Thomas Industries division of GardnerDenver. I was informed that the unit was dropped from their line in 2004. The fact that it was practically indestructible and service free, it may have reached it's market potential.

2. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Run diesel = no fuel drain or treatment...

3. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

:rolleyes:

C'mon MAN!

Diesel in an aerator, front tine tiller, power washer, push mower and a walk behind?

Did you wake and bake before posting? Or, have a liquid lunch first? :laugh:

4. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

5. RickyDL77

RickyDL77 LawnSite Senior Member

6. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

Yes, it has a glass bead /marble in it, that's the end you stick in the tank shake up & down and watch it flow. Works like a charm!

7. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Id love a diesel w/b, power washer etc....

True- a knee-jerk statement. Seemed coy at the time.

I use Sta-bil on my gas engine stuff.

I have heard of guys using little hand operated siphion pumps....Word is, the gasoline tends to kill the seals after the first use though.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?keyword=siphon

8. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

I use the siphon pump that can be bought at Advance Auto Parts and probably a lot of other places as well, its inexpensive and works good. I use it for fuel and oil.

9. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

Diesel fuel isn't always maintenance free, either. When I used to run charter boats, I spent most of a day cleaning the black algae out of the fuel filters just to make it home again after going 60 miles offshore.

If you ever get a good crop of algae growing in your diesel tank you'll find it's no laughing matter, and on a lot of those marine diesels, if you lose the prime, you'd better have the right tools to prime it again or you're going nowhere.

10. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

The FloTool MixMiser syringe works very well for mixed 2-cycle fuel. With straight gasoline however, you have
    to pull real hard because there's no oil to lubricate the plunger. It comes with a short section of clear tubing too.

It's a good quality product Made In USA

http://www.walmart.com/ip/FloTool-Gas-and-Chemical-MixMizer/16889145

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011