Removing Hydralic Filter on Super Z

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JLH, Sep 9, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I have a Super Z 60/28 EFI, just tripped 50 hrs.

I want to change Hydralic filter and fluid. Form your experience, what is the beat way to access the filter for removal.

Looks like the filter will have to be removed from the bottom of the mower or remove battery and possibly remove from the top side.

How would you raise mower high enough to get under and keep mower level to remove filter and drain fluid?

Thanks for your replies.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't worry about changing hydro. fluid so soon, Most OEM's hydro. systems are good for 500 hrs. before the first change. A hydro. system is not subjected to fuel or combustion gases like a engine so require less changes.

3. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

If I do not change the fluid, they still recommend a filter change at 50 hrs.

My original question was removing the filter. Can you help me.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Well, Sorry I'm not familiar with your unit, But I use a A-frame and winch here at home and I also have a set of drive up car ramps and a floor jack. Which ever is the easiest is the one I use. If there is room to get the filter out by removing the battery thats the way I would go.
    And don't forget to pre fill the new filter before installing it if it sits stright up.