Removing Hydralic Filter on Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLH, Sep 9, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I have a Super Z 60/28 EFI, just tripped 50 hrs.

I want to change Hydralic filter and fluid. Form your experience, what is the beat way to access the filter for removal.

Looks like the filter will have to be removed from the bottom of the mower or remove battery and possibly remove from the top side.

How would you raise mower high enough to get under and keep mower level to remove filter and drain fluid?

Thanks for your replies.

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

It's pretty easy. I back my Super Z onto oil changing rams, if you need more room you can jack the front of the mower in addition to the ramps. There is access and clearance to remove the filter from underneath, and a drain plug for the resevoir. Make sure the mower is stabilized so you don't crush your head. I have the 27/60 Super Z, I am guessing access is the same. Hope this helps.
    Tim

3. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

When you back your mower onto oil changing ramps, I assume the back is elevated and the front is lower. Does the mower have to be level for the hydralic oil to drain out?

Also, when changing hydralic oil, do you know how much oil comes out of the system?

The manual for the Super Z states that the hydralic reservoir holds 1.0 gallon, and the capacities specifications state the total capicity at 2.0 gallons.

Have you changed you fluid or just the filter? I think 500 hours is a long time for someone who is not a LCO.