Removing platter from PG Mag

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Apr 25, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Can I ask, how do you remove the fert platter from a PG Magnum?
    Is there a friction key that holds it to the shaft? Once you get that key out, how do you take the unit off the shaft? Do you have to remove that rectangle bracket that holds the round top portion of the platter?

Thx

2. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

No, loosen the block at the bottom that holds it to the gearbox and you should be able to slide it down then up and out, if that makes any sense.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Yes it does, thanks Greenery

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

In theory, you can loosen the hopper and lift it up until the platter drops out.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

No need to remove the hopper on a Magnum. Just pull the front part of the plastic shield below the spinner. You can now access the block that connects the spinner shaft to to gearbox. Loosen the 4 screws on the block and the spinner will drop out from the bottom of the hopper. I just replaced mine 2 weeks ago. PermaGreen has a new style spinner with fins on both sides. This spinner will give you double the life of the older version. When it's worn you flip it on the shaft. They also improved the area that drives the hopper agitator.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

I just got my kit too, and yes, this is a very easy replacement to do. I do like the reversable platter, and the agitator drive 'ring' now seems to be some ceramic material instead of just plastic.

One thing though. I gave PG my cc to pay for the stuff and as of now, nothing has been charged to the card even though I already have the parts installed?? Huh?