Removing Red Max trimmer head?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mkwl, Sep 22, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2004 Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer. I bought it new last spring, and it now has around 100 Hrs. on it. My question is, how do you remove the string head to let old grease escape? I couldn't find anything useful in the manual in regard to this. Thanks in advance!

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

There is no reason to remove the head to let grease out, unless you have overgreased it. You only need to put about 2 pumps of grease in the grease fitting /year. If you want to take the trimmer head off, just unscrew the setscrew, and back off the clamping screw. Wiggle the trimmer head gearbox a while and it will come off. You may have to spray some lube, like WD40 into the clamping collar area to help get it loosened.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

To grease the head you will find a little screw on the side of the head aka gearbox take the tiny screw out use a socket, grease the head till it flows out the side replace the screw.10 4

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

NO, this is NOT correct. There is a grease fitting on the Redmax machines. You are thinking about the other inferior brands like Echo and Stihl.

5. TURF DOCTOR

There is a screw on 1 side and a grease fitting on the other side you have to take the screw out before you put grease in the grease fitting,we are :p talking about new redmax ope.

6. TURF DOCTOR

Inferior brands ha ha cool.