Removing Rops

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FIVE-0LAWNS, Apr 30, 2006.

1. FIVE-0LAWNS

FIVE-0LAWNS LawnSite Member

HOW DO YOU ALL FEEL ABOUT REMOVING ROPS FROM A TORO Z MOWER?:drinkup:

2. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you want to? Safety first!

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe fold them down. If you have low trees or obstacles up high, you may have to take them off. I would keep them in the trailer incase ne property may need it on there. JMO

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe fold them down. If you have low trees or obstacles up high, you may have to take them off. I would keep them in the trailer incase ne property may need it on there. JMO

5. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

in my province its law you equip any moving machinery with a rops canopy or its a fine so check with your local laws it might save you a couple bucks.

other than that a seat belt and canopy are your 2 best friends.

6. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

I flipped over a demo ZTR with Rops on there by catching a low limb. IMO I think ROPS on a ZTR is useless, they are almost impossible to flip over and the rops is more dangerous being on there

7. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

Yeah, i removed mine, its pretty much useless and kinda looks gay

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i have never seen a Z in real life with ROPS except at my dealer

9. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

I almost flipped my Z with the ROPS on as well. I caught it on a guide wire for a phone poll. One second I am mowing just fine and the next I am staring at the sky with the front end of the mower sticking straight up in the air.

Scared me to death.

DEATH TO ROPS!!!!!

10. FIVE-0LAWNS

FIVE-0LAWNS LawnSite Member

THANKS GUYS. I JUST GOT THE Z AND HAVE BEEN MOWING FOR A WEEK. I HAVE ALMOST BACK FLIPPED THE Z THREE TIMES BECAUSE OF THE ROPS. I GOT IT STUCK ON TWO TREE LIMBS AND A CLOSE LINE. I THINK ROPS IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN HELPFUL. I'M TAKING IT OFF.:drinkup: