Removing Sod For Renovation

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by RobD70, Jun 10, 2014.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah 5+ buckets per 4000 sq ft..if my math is right would be about 95 buckets of waste..YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck with the project,
  2. RobD70

RobD70 LawnSite Member

Yes, that was live, green grass, thats why that much grass/sod to take off. It will not be close to that when its done because it will all be sprayed and left to sit 2-3 weeks first. That makes a huge difference over trying to remove the grass/sod while alive and green. As I said, I did a similar size patch at home that WAS sprayed and left almost 3 weeks and there is nothing to have to haul off.
  3. RobD70

RobD70 LawnSite Member

Well, I got the project finished a couple weeks ago. I started on Saturday, August 16th. That weekend was nice and dry and I got a good start, then the rains came, and came, and came some more. When the weather allowed, I took full advantage and finally got it done Thursday, August 28th. I would of had it done Weds, but had to wait for a loader and dump truck to remove the pile of grass/sod/rocks thursday morning. Once it was gone, I finished the small area where the pile was. They took 3 full dump trucks full away. It did turn out good. Overall it took me about 41 hours from start to finish. This is a 2 acre yard, and I am posting a few pictures of it finished.

This is through photobucket... hope it works Renovation?sort=3&page=1