Removing Sod - Tiller, Soil cultivator, or Harley Rake??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by M & MD Lawn, Oct 4, 2011.

?

Which do you recommend?

1. Tiller

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Soil Cultivator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Harley Rake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

As the title says, I have a client who wants to Re-sod his front and maybe sod the back as it is hydroseeded. The front has been sod for some years now so its one with the ground basically now. I want to know which piece would you use, I usually use the harley rake for sod jobs but I have never had a client that already has existing sod, usually its natural grass and bare, the harley works just fine. I am referring to the attachments for the dingo. The sodded part of the lawn is a little under 3,000 Sq.Ft.

Before any bashing starts, this is NOT my first Sod job, just a first on having existing sod. :waving:

Thanks in Advance,
    Paul

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would look at a sod cutter to remove it. As far as the lawn goes it souldn't matter if sod or hydro seed, grass is grass. I would also use a good amount of compost tilled into the soil before laying new sod.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. M & MD Lawn

I forgot about that tool, i was thinking what could go on the dingo, I know it doesn't matter, I rarely have to add to the lawn, usually good grading and a starter work out just fine

4. M & MD Lawn

back to the top!