Removing soil offsite

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Ocutter73, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Ocutter73

Ocutter73 LawnSite Member
    from nj

Hello,
    I have done small patios and walkways before. They have been small enough to relocate the removed soil to make other beds and berms at a later date. With requests building up for larger jobs like driveways, how can I find a way to have all that soil taken away. I know local trash containers wouldnt be cost effective. Thanks

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Search the site. This has been discussed before.

3. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

It's called a dump truck! If you are doing larger jobs, time to step up and either rent the right equipment, hire a contractor, or buy it. Doing driveways, larger patios is not something you do with a shovel and wheel burrow. If you can't get it done right, pass it on to someone who can. Good luck

4. Ocutter73

Ocutter73 LawnSite Member
    from nj

Such wisdom in this forum. Thanks.

5. AceFinish

AceFinish LawnSite Member

Yah use a dump truck to haul it away. You can't put dirt in a dumpster trash companies don't take dirt. Find a place that needs fill dirt and haul it there

6. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

What do you mean by local trash containers?

IF the job does not have a truck available for it we rent containers like a 15 yard or 20 yard and we will fill thos it actually maks things easier the issue here is where to put it that you can have access and it is not in the way of what you are working on because they won't put them in the street here.

7. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

Dump truck or dump trailer and keep your eyes open while driving or look in the paper for sites that want fill dirt.

8. djsebek

djsebek LawnSite Member

Hey I see You're in Jersey i'm looking for fill is it clean? And also where in Jersey are you located?

9. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

If your planning an excavation project you can call or email me. I will be happy to bid the job accordingly. Im located in Wayne NJ and work in Bergen, Morris, Passaic, And Essex counties. Please realize that with fuel at 4.10 a gallon the all excavation and trucking costs are steep! Also please leave the job to a professional if you do not know what you are doing.

10. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Sell the extra dirt!!!