1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

removing spots of broadleaf and fertilizing early july in NC?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by JBradshaw00, Jul 6, 2013.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I second or third the brown patch been treating it for weeks with treatment it will green back out but next year have someone treat it with a prevent BC it will probably be back.
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

There is your answer... it has the same response as a "Hayfield"... the stem of the plant get thicker and taller as the plant grows and the blade is now cut off and all that is left is stem and sheath... it regrows as time passes and there is nothing wrong... this will be an opportunity for weeds and possible death to individual grass plants,,, so advise the client that what he did is not the thing to do... be patient... :)
  3. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

Never ceases to amaze me regarding the questions from the "pros" on this site. I mean...if you really think you may dump fertilizer on a fescue lawn in July...should you even be doing it? Some are best to stick to their paper flyers with their cut-throat rates, not paying taxes, and lugging around their home-owner John Deere model mower they got at Home Depot behind their 1988 minivan. :hammerhead:
  4. Victorsaur

Victorsaur LawnSite Member

And if you have nothing of value to add to the conversation but uninformed insults then should you even do it? Obviously you're not a pro if that's your preferred method of communication.