Renew customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grasscutter845, Mar 9, 2008.

1. grasscutter845

grasscutter845 LawnSite Member

How do you guys renew your customers, and make sure they want you back? I was thinking about writing a letter asking, but not sure what the letter should say in it?????
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I asked this same question and got some good answers. The one I went with was to tell my customers that I was going to be starting by some date and that if they didn't want me to show up they needed to contact me by some slightly earlier date. So far I haven't received a single call and its been a couple of weeks.

Don't forget to remind them of the other services you offer and to thank them for being a customer last year.
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I send out my yearly contracts durning the first week in Feb and ask to have them signed and returned by March 15th. With the economy taking a dumpper this year, I expect to loose a few accounts.
  4. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Im with Echeandia on this one.

Send out a letter telling them whats going on at your company as well.
  5. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of your more dilligent customers will call you before you get a chance. They are the ones who love their yard and want you to get started asap. If that happens you could call other clients in the area and remind them "I'm going to be in the neighborhood on ___, would you like me to stop by and get started?"

If you offer special clean-ups or weed control, you could call all your last year clients and offer to swing by and get started. It's usually as easy as just a phone call.