Renew Letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mike's Lawn & Snow, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

In the past I've always just called all my maintenance contracts to see if they will be needing my services. Last year I've kept and maintained around 150 properties so I think it will be easier to just mail out a letter. I was wondering if anyone had a generic letter they send out to there clients that they wouldnt mind sharing it with me thanks.
  2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I send out a small packet, that has some information about the entire scope of my services. I usually pick up a few cleanup jobs from this. The cover letter goes something like:

Dear Mr. Customer,

Thank you for choosing ______________. Enclosed you will find a list of services that we offer.

Spring is right around the corner, and we will begin servicing your property during the first week of April. We look forward to servicing your property, and thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at anytime.

We look forward to seeing you in the Spring!

Thank You,
    Your Name
    Your company

Notice that we do not ask if they are using our services, we assume. They will call to cancel if they do not want your services, but why give them the suggestion to switch?
  3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I always called my clients personally instead of sending out letters. It was cheaper then mailing and sometimes I discussed other services to the clients as well. Always got clients back year after year
  4. Dexter Church

Dexter Church LawnSite Member

On the phone what do you say? "would you be interested in a spring clean-up and aeration or what?