Renewing your accounts - timeframe

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GarPA, Aug 19, 2004.

When do you finalize your account renewals?

1. Sept/Oct

2 vote(s)
  2. Nov/Dec

3 vote(s)
  3. Jan/Feb

12 vote(s)
  4. March or later

3 vote(s)
  1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I'm considering finalizing my account renewals earlier this the end of September. In the past we tried to get them done by 1/31. Just curious what time frames some of you use for renewals.
  2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

mine are automatically renewed unles 45 day cancellation notice is given
  3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I work the same way as Promo. What I do is send out a letter to them the first week of March letting them know our up coming schedule and when we would be starting to come out to maintain the properties. This letter refreshes their brains on what they need to do as well.
  4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Jan and Feb work well for me....spring is just around the corner and the customers have to get moving on the lawn care decisions.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Mine are "evergreen". Any changes are made before gearing up in the spring.
  6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never made it to the renewal part, lol ...

I dont have any written contracts, its all oral for me and it's been fine since day 1 ..
  7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi GarPA,

Here is a quote from this post.

"I don't send new contracts to my customers every year. Each contract states that it is ongoing and good until cancelled. I do send a letter in the spring telling the customer of any new services we are offering, any changes, hope they had a nice winter, blah blah blah....and a reminder that they are still on our service list this year."
  8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

THanks Gopher...I think I like that approach...and Rod's "evergreen" approach as well. I dont see much value in sending all that paper out every year for signature when the only thing that is usally changing is the price for service.
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Your price changes every year??? ;) :D
  10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I usually send them out in January and expect them back in February. Invoice start March 1st.

I don't think I could do the automatic renewal thing because I offer 3 different payment options and multiple services that they may or may not want from year to year.