renovation job

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by KerryB, Feb 6, 2002.

1. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Hi all,
    I have been asked to bid on a lawn repair job with a few extras.
    First the homeowner had a large tree removed. The area to be repaired is 3,075sq ft. With a few areas around the yard where the heavy equipment made depressions and ripped up the lawn.
    Next the concrete driveway and yard slope hard towards the main road. So there is a wash problem. Thought I would install a 4" corregated pipe down both sides of the driveway with 1/4 " stone. Should I leave the stone showing or go deep enough to cover with soil?
    So I need about 40 yds top soil, the good black stuff. 130ft pipe stone, grass seed mix centipede rye and turf type fescue, fert, aerate his entire lawn approx. 1 acre. All work solo by hand.
    I also figured in use of truck and error factor.
    $3,075.00.
    Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

As for that drain... i would install a drain, cover it with 3/4 stone and then put landscape fabric over the top of it and cover the fabric with topsoil. This will allow for proper drainage, and will look better than having gravel up the sides of the driveway. As for your price... it seems fair by looking at the numbers without seeing the job (maybe a little higher) but I will suggest renting a bobcat to move that 40 yards of topsoil around. it will save you a lot of time, and a lot of wear on your back.

3. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Bryan
    I will use your suggestion on the fabric if I get the job.