1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rental Storage

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MattsMowing3535, Dec 5, 2006.

1. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone,
    I know that alot of you use rental storage or at one time started by useing rental storage to store your equipment. I'm looking into that more to store my trailer and equipment next season. I am just wondering what the cost was, How large the unit was, And what company you used!
  2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Here is my storage facility- 12x30 w/ electricity for $85 a month, and it's at a carwash/laundramat/storage facility. You can see pictures of it in the Pictures Forum on page 2 with the title "The Rig and More" posted by Lawn Enforcer
  3. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow you got that entire thing for 85 dollers a month!!! I wish I could find something like that. I was looking online at like 100+ for little tiny 10X10 I would like a 10-12X20-30 though! I see your in minnesota too, how did you go about finding your it? Just looking around for signs or something?
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to rent one a few years ago for my dirt bikes,4 wheelers and all my toys and i think i paid $121.00 a month for a 15 x 10 without electric. Lawn enforcer your getting a deal

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Prices seem to vary wildly from area to area...I pay $235 a month for a 10x20...that's pretty much the going rate believe me I looked at maybe 8 different places and they are all within a few bucks of each other.
  6. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

10X30 down the street from me is $120 per month without electricity.
  7. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I also own rental sheds here in Iowa. 10X20 is $45 10X24 is $50 and a 10X32 is $65
  8. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I had one for personal use, not business 10x20 for 115 W/Electric. Other than the light.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys. Are You Having Any Problems With Theft. I Have Always Heard Rental Units Get Broken Into A Lot