Renting a Garage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Apr 11, 2003.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm thinking about renting a garage to store some of my equipment. I wont be working directly out of this garage. I found a brand new one about 5 miles from my house. It's 10 x20 feet. The rent is $85 a month. This seems like a pretty good price, concidering that those self-storage places want about $150 for the same size. Should I grab this deal?

2. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Why not. If it is at a pretty secure location grab it. If you will be worrying about your equipment every 5 minutes leave it. Only you truly know the answer to that question. Price wise it sounds like an excellent deal permitting the roofs not caving in. LoLs
    Travis

3. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

How do you know the owner? What else is on the property?

4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Only take it if you really need it.......

5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 20 X 15 storage with lights and elect.i also park one of my trailers there for 150 per month.85.00??? i would take it thats a great price

6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

1000 sq. ft. 10x10 door 12' ceiling, electric and water paid costs $464.00 per month.

7. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

don't know if its a residential garage with heat and lights, etc, but another thought,
    ransome rents the 10 x 20 "overseas" storage bins for $60 a month, however you would need somewhere to put it, and I'm not sure if you have a shop with the space or work from your home.

newark and wilmington are $ for the self storage, however some places in smryna used to be cheaper, although that was when the facility was new a few years ago.

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

For $85 I'd jump at it, you can't touvh that around here. Does it have eletric & water???

9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

You couldn't rent a hairdryer for that price around here.

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

No. But like I said, I just want somewhere to store equipment. These are NEW garages at a new high dollar apartment complex. The apartment renters, can rent a garage if they want. There isn't the big demand, that the complex thought there would be. There is also a fence around the whole complex.