Renting or leasing a customers mower

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Spudsey, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Spudsey

Spudsey LawnSite Member

We have been asked to mow this fall for our local business while there employee is out, it takes him 20 hours per week to mow and trim (there is alot of trimming at this location). The have a John Deere front mounted 72 inch mower. The reason for thinking about using there equipment as well as ours as we can get it done more timely and I do not need to buy another mower for the short term. The are willing to let us use it. I am working on a quote to do the job an need to figure a per hour rate to reimburse them for the mower. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

My suggestion is don't use their equipment. If you don't have the right equipment for the job don't do it. Or rent a mower from a rental shop and pay them a regular rental fee.

3. DaveOhio

DaveOhio LawnSite Member

Include "discount" for use of their equipment

agreement could read "This quote contingent upon the use of the John Deere LM72.... ABC landscaping agrees to use the mower responsibly and in a reasonable manner and to perform periodic maintenance as outlined in JD owner's manual."

Go for it!

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

find out what a rental company charges, offer them half or 75%, and say not responsible for damage etc